Contact Us :)

Coaches:
Michelle Flanagan: michelleluceyflanagan@gmail.com

Abby Siple: Abigail.Siple@bsd.k12.de.us

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Another Fall Sports Update

 Hi Everyone.

Not sure who is actually following this saga on Facebook and in the news, so I thought I would fill you in.  We are still in Limbo.  Even with Gov. Carney's announcement on Monday, sports are still in a holding pattern. 

DIAA is polling Superintendents and Athletic Directors, and the DIAA medical advisory committee is meeting next week to discuss protocols and cost.  Click HERE to read about that meeting. I sit on the DIAA XC committee, and we were sent this video this morning.  It gives you a picture of the protocols that have to be in place for a large meet to run successfully:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnMqApmhpTE&feature=youtu.be

If DIAA gives the green light for sports to move forward, each District has to decide if they will be having sports. Then we will await BSD to make the final decision.

It's exhausting. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, stay safe, keep running, and enjoy this Labor Day Weekend.  

Take care,

Coach Flanagan

P.S.  I reread my previous post and saw my egregious grammatical error. It's been fixed.  I type too fast, and sometimes my old brain can't keep up  :)




No comments: