Contact Us :)

Coaches:
Michelle Flanagan: michelleluceyflanagan@gmail.com

Abby Siple: Abigail.Siple@bsd.k12.de.us

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

BHSXC Update

 Hi everyone.

Last night BSD approved the plan to move forward with Fall sports.  Right now, we are looking to start practices on Tuesday 9/29, since Monday is a Jewish holiday.


I have a DIAA meeting tonight where we will discuss the safety protocols that must be followed in practices and meets.  This will include social distancing, mask protocols, and athletes' daily health assessments.  Later this week, I have a Brandywine Coaches' meeting to go over district protocols as well.  I will keep you all updated on the outcome of those meetings.

Last week, I sent out a list of athletes who needed to obtain a physical, turn in a COVID form (if using last year's physical) or fulfill a school obligation (see previous post).  Athletes will not be able to participate until these items are turned in.  I suggest making a copy of all forms.  Keep one for your records and turn in the other to the school nurse.  


I have put together a Google Doc to assess our transportation needs.  We are limited to 23 people on a school bus.  Buses would be starting routes after 2:30 PM.  If bus transportation is needed by some athletes, they will need to get to a designated bus stop each day. The form is below:

Click HERE to access the form.


I have heard from a few parents who are concerned with their athlete's safety.  We understand completely if you decide to have your athlete sit this season out.  Please let me know if you would like me to remove your athlete from this year's roster.  Know that we will welcome them back next year if they decide to return.  

That's all for now!


Coach Flanagan



No comments: